Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Focus- postponed ...

Well, so much for resolutions, words for the year, all my good intentions.  I'm on the road again and life is so distracting.

My sister and I left South Dakota, stopped in Wyoming to leave the dog with Janet's friend and took off for Salt Lake City on a glorious sunny day under the blue western sky. As storms pounded friends and family on the east coast and Denver got another foot of snow, we drove across the wide open grasslands of Wyoming and into Utah.  We approached Salt Lake City through a canyon rimmed by snow capped mountains against blue skies.  It was a magnificent road trip.  




And we ended up at a gym the next day!  So I can say I've been focused- on fitness.  Janet is a gym rat- familiar with all the machines, not fazed by the loud music, so instructive I feel safe.  I've only joined a few gyms over the years.  One close to  my house convinced me their machines would work magic on my muscles.  My chiropractor warmed me those same machines would wreak havoc on my joints- so true.  I got my money back.

But back in Rapid City, a dear friend recommeded Planet Fitness. I am not getting rewarded for my plug and there are certainly weaknesses with this gym as well, but it has been a place I can go without my usual reluctance.   In Salt Lake City, we had "massages" on the hydromassage- a single size water bed whose jets pound against your back and nothing gets wet!  Lovely after eight hours on the road.

Yesterday after a Phoenix airport run , I found a PF gym and had another massage and did stretches on the machines as Janet instructed me.  Here in north Tucson, there's a PF about two miles from my brother's house. Very handy.  Same machines, same massage beds and same shaking thing.

Their shaky thing machine seems like a joke- a modern variation of fat farm vibration belts from the '60's but there may be something to it. You stand inside a round space- it's basically a very large version of a bank pneumatic tube! Then therapeutic lights come on and the floor vibrates in a variety of ways.  Janet has a torn tendon in her knee and after a month of work on the shaky thing, it is better.  I have an inflamed tendon in my elbow- it's a bit trickier to put your hands on a shaking floor inside an enclosed tube but it can be done.  We pray no one is secretly filming us or if they are, they are enjoying a good laugh.

So while I am not doing much writing and none for public exposure, I am walking. I am learning how to work an elliptical machine without falling off and I'm doing a variation of Twister on a shaking floor pad while being "bathed" in blinding light.   There- that takes Focus!

How is your week going? Any thought to your words?  It's hard to add one more thing to a busy day so I want to create a small collage to remind myself. I'm a visual girl.

That's the Focus for the upcoming week for me- continuing to enjoy some new FITness time and being Faithful to both my body and my creative mind.  Hope you can contemplate your words this week as well,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.