Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

World Cup and Puppy dogs

This is so fascinating. I don't watch television, I'm not particularly fond of dogs,  I don't even care for soccer.  So why am I sitting in front of the television with a really cute little puppy watching the world cup?  Mother love wins out over taking a nap or shopping or anything else I can imagine.   I'd probably watch professional wrestling  if that's how we could spend time together.  Well, maybe not. Fortunately, that's not their taste either. Well raised young couple.

Either way it's lovely to be here in Norfolk on a quiet Sunday afternoon. We join the world watching NO one score in the biggest soccer game of the year and I join Steve and Abby in being entertained by their adorable little shiba inu puppy.  We'll go out to a big band concert on the beach tonight and tomorrow I'll head back north to home.

I caught up on a few fun blogs and it made me realize how lovely it is to be 50 (ok 50+) and not be driven to be productive and get something done at all costs.  I'm not good at relaxing and it as taken me most of my life to figure that out and how to really let myself rest.  Mostly it involves leaving my house! So when I have the time, and God provides a place to escape to, I need to just go and really rest on a Sabbath.  Even if it means watching the World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.