Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Fresh New Day!


I woke up to SNOW!  I love it. It feels so good and clean. So familiar.  I went out to faithful Clyde, the wonder truck, and the moment my feet crunched the snow... I giggled. It always takes me back to skiing- "Get your gloves. Do you have everything? I'm not coming back to the car to find your hat. Come on- time's wasting. Snow's waiting!"  My dad, the ski enthusiast, never seemed irriated with the task to herding four children to the slopes.

So I crunched new snow, smelled crisp air, giggled.



I've been asked- "Where do you get your  (crazy, weird, scary.... well, whatever) sense of adventure?

Here....

my Mother!   she went out last night but her car didn't make it back up the hill.  
She's my hero- and drives me nuts.... I did offer to take her to her play but no...
 "I 84, I do it myself!"  

Yeah, me too, Mom...



So we  had breakfast and went out ....  in the the snow 

to a local festival.
Hundreds of geezers have four wheel drive or  pickup trucks in South Dakota.

And yes, my family has Nowegian roots. My mother's a Viking.

So we had -


Fruit Soup- better than it looks

 and Lefse - bland  Noweigan tortillas -

   

















but skipped the....
Lutefisk- Norwegian blech.



Lutefisk (pronounced LEWD-uh-fisk) is dried cod that has been soaked in a lye solution for several days to rehydrate it. It is then boiled or baked and served with butter, salt, and pepper. The finished lutefisk usually is the consistency of Jello. It is also called lyefish, and in the United States, Norwegian-Americans traditionally serve it for Thanksgiving and Christmas. In many Norwegian homes, lutefisk takes the place of the Christmas turkey. In Minnesota and Wisconsin, you can find lutefisk in local food stores and even at some restaurants. It is a food that you either love or hate, and, as some people say, "Once a year is probably enough!"


http://www.davethefox.com/words/0112lutefisk.htm 

                                          Yum, yum- see, not just the Brits can ruin food.






 But enough fun and game -
 time to get mom's car home and Clyde and me back to the cabin .  
And, of course, I couldn't resist the back road. 

Gotta love 4wheel drive!



I wrote about Sheridan Lake in a blog.... my potential kayak spot- next summer


Hey, Donna- look, more rocks!
....with snow.  Beautiful :)
.


Clyde loves snow. Clyde can drive over dividers in parking lots.
Don't ask. 

 
Fading light- hard to capture, love the feel


And Home again - almost




Whoa- they didn't clear the road into my neighborhood?
 Giddy-up, Clyde. Right into the sun.
(lazy photographer didn't even get out of the truck)

Home stretch - down the hill. 

See the tiny horses... next time, use a camera not a phone.



Ahh... cabin, sweet, cabin in the afternoon light . And all snowed in. 

If I go in, can I come out?  Stay tuned


This is the north deck... with no roof  :(   ...yet.  


This is the south deck with a roof....
next year, the north deck will also look like this after it snows.
 Check out the classy cardboard box wood holder.  




So...what's a girl to do?  


Snowed in, truck sitting in a foot of snow, no skiis.... well, 


First you make a cuppa tea....

Then you set up the wireless modem- success ! it's great to have.....

a computer in front of the.....



ahh.....
I could  watch a ...

or read a ......



and definitely listen to some .....

Jonathan Maracle 






And I can sit by the fire and share with you. 
Yep, it's a gonna be a good evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.