Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

More Easter meditations- these from Steve Bell

I so appreciate Steve Bell, a singer/songwriter from Canada. I met him at a very small concert in the Chicago suburbs years ago on a college visiting trip with my son.  There were just a handful of us it seemed, and he told great stories and played great guitar and sang great songs.  I've followed his music since that time and it just gets richer and richer.
This winter and early spring as I drove across the American Southwest, I played his music. I gave away most of my CDs when I moved and then bought a car with a CD player. So I have two CDs, both are Steve's.  And I still love them both! I seriously considered driving nine hours, ONE way, to a concert "near" me. But it's still winter in North Dakota by the Canadian border and I decided it wasn't the best idea I've had.

Today I opened my email after a brief hiatus from electronics and there was an email from Steve. It has links to Steve's Easter weekend blogs with music (one of my absolute favorite songs)  and even a lovely sonnet from Malcolm Guite. Malcolm is an English poet and friend of Steve's.
http://malcolmguite.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/a-sonnet-for-easter-dawn/

The story of their meeting and collaboration on an Advent album is worth digging up.  It's a story of true Christian hearts meeting and creating worship. OK- here it is! http://stevebell.com/2012/10/story-of-keening-for-the-dawn/



So... without further ado, I shall copy and paste Steve's Easter email. Be blessed. I hope you ca look each one up and enjoy great theology, great songs and a great sonnet.  God is great- that's the word for this Easter afternoon.



Hi All - 
I thought I'd send you all a few songs and blogs related to the Easter weekend. Each includes a reflection and a song. If they help to focus your weekend, I'd be most pleased:
  • Gone is the Light (for Good Friday) - a reflection about our reticence to wait in the darkness. Includes the song Gone is the Light
  • A Sonnet and a Song for Easter Dawn  (for Easter Sunday) - a reflection on God's "Yes!!" resounding throughout the cosmos on this very day. Includes the song "Was it a Morning Like This" and a link to a brilliant sonnet composed by Malcolm Guite
If you missed my previous Lenten blog see:
  • From Lent to Love - reflects on the disaster of infidelity and God's response. Includes the song "Hosea, Come Back to Me."
Peace to you all,
Steve Bell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.