Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Not the same...



A glowing candle, 


A pile of books, a glass of water,  a stack of towels.



The lamp shines light upon my book.

Here in my watery cocoon.


Hot water, bubbles, epson salts for aches.
Ahh.... 



So what if the promised sauna didn't make it.
So what if I had to drive in cold and dark
to find the surly delivery man.

"Road's too small, my rig's too big.
Lady, I'll load it  in your truck."

He had no knife to cut the binding,
I had no strength to hold my end.

"But look, it's dented, banged,
the package's torn."

     The silence of the surly

"Yes, that is splintered wood.
And yes, I care even if it's only the back side.
And how can you tell it's the back. It's in a box, it's dark in the truck trailer!"
 
     It's really dark and cold.

Refused Delivery. 

So I soak. Sad,
It's not the same.
I want my sauna.





I know... I'm suffering.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.