Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Texas Icons


I'm slowly making myself through the heart of Texas. My new camera drives me nuts, my iPhone camera stopped working - good thing, I'd still be driving and stopping every few minutes to take another picture.

I drove from Waco to Temple- just for lunch.... I left 24 hours later! I had a great visit with dear friends, Al and Carol Joersz.  We enjoyed Naples, Italy together and have remained heart-full friends. Thank you Carol for a fun evening with a silly chocolate fountain; thank you, Al, for all the help with the camper and for washing my rig. You are both such blessings to me. 






Driving into danger.... just looks beautiful right now!

 Soon after this, the sky opened up and it poured! Hard. Lots of water- good for drought stricken Texas.

This just says.... Texas



This is the arena next to the church is....
I thought this was the church!

Ignore the blur- it isn't a tornado forming-
it's a poorly "photoshopped" electric pole!




I drove the back country roads from Temple to Houston. Talk about a culture shock. Follwing are some pictures showing the shopping along the way..... once I got to suburban Houston, things changed a bit.  By that time, I was driving through driving rain in the dark. 




Welcome to Houston- it was like driving down the middle of a high end shopping center.... 



But back to some Texas icons- 
Lone Star State

Where's the horse that lost their shoe?

Texas- country class without trying too hard

FYI for all you shopppers


I want one of these!

Or these....


Ok- time to get on the road. I have a list of all the Texas pictures I couldn't get-





These were in some front yards






And suddenly, these were the front yards... sigh. Back to "Texas"

On to... not sure. East! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.