Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Advent- Good News!


We invite you to return every day during Advent for this devotional series
Listen to today’s accompanying audio track: http://www.waterfromrock.org/

O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings To Zion 
00:19
07:00

Isaiah 40:9; 60:1

“O thou that tellest good tidings to Zion, get thee up into
the high mountain. O thou that tellest good tidings to Jerusalem,
lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the
cities of Judah, behold your God! …Arise, shine, for thy light is come,
and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.”

"If we truly hear and understand this good news, we could not keep silent. It is news so good, so wonderful, that we are compelled to race to the highest mountain and cry out. “Lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, behold your God!” It is a message that the church cannot keep to itself and still be the church." T. Smith

_____________________


I love this musical piece from the Messiah - unfortunately, I can't embed it as easily as just "cut and paste"! So if you want to hear it, go to the Water from a Rock site.  Isn't that a great name for a ministry?  http://www.waterfromrock.org/


So, what shall we don?  ... get thee up into
the high mountain. O thou that tellest good tidings.


And then?  ...lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid



When we have good news we feel like climbing a mountain and shouting it out. We are strong with our words, we aren't afraid what others might think. Well, maybe we are afraid  but the good news is too good to keep to ourselves, we have to share it! 

_________________

Like a new grand-baby- a new granddaughter.  I was a blubbering fool with my first grandchild- I was there and cried after his delivery, mostly from relief after his scary, scary entrance.  I was the early morning relief shift- usually a groggy new daddy knocked or I tried to hear him and get a hoodie on, then I took the blessed babe and it was my turn.  I got to swaddle and rock and sing.


I haven't had my turn with this  little one yet- I'm anticipating, I'm waiting, I'm remembering the joy of meeting a brand new person, a child from my child. I'm in my own personal advent here. 

 Waiting, looking forward with joy, getting excited. 





My son is a father!




His wonderful wife is a mother. Has been for nine months but now... Mariam Charis is here! 




We adore new babies. We look forward their arrival. We're giddy with joy- well, those of us who are sleeping all night.  The new parents are just tired.  They are also looking forward- to sleep at night. Let's not tell them they will always have an open ear, anticipation.... forever. 


__________________________



Advent- waiting, looking forward, remembering.  

Looking for Him and remembering the joys, large and small, in our lives- it's a good life.
 There are good things to come.  
Because? We have a good God.  



So, let's get up on a rock and be strong, lift up our voices; 
 be brave, overcome the fear! 

For our light has come and we have GOOD news! 




“O thou that tellest good tidings to Zion, get thee up into the high mountain. 
O thou that tellest good tidings to Jerusalem,lift up thy voice with strength; 
lift it up, be not afraid; 
say unto the cities of Judah, behold your God! 

…Arise, shine, for thy light is come,
and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.