Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Views of Nashville

I'm in Nashville for a writer's conference, Writing it Real, with Sheila Bender and Meg Files. Last year was Oracle, Arizona in stucco bungalows.... this year?  Gothic style dorms on the edge of Vanderbilt University. Big change! 

http://www.scarrittbennett.org/


So I took a walk- no food in my possession, dinner in two hours and I need to burn some energy. 


Emily, my niece,  knows country music- snap a quick shot to send to her....  

That gives me an idea... contrasting views of Nashville.

Yep- lots of bars....

We have the "Winners"..... notice the little white house on the left?

Yep, that's the "Losers"..... notice who has the poster. 

And the big black custom touring buses. 

And the band doing warmups- that's what drew me off the quiet street I was walking on.
What's that music? Sounds live.

For everyone who longs for the glamorous life of a musician...
this is the back side of the stage where they were warming up. 

I walked about three blocks up busy streets and found...  the Scarritt-Bennett retreat and Learning center. Ah... more my cuppa tea.

Looking forward to the labyrinth...

And better light for some photos...

Inside the chapel- lovely windows.

A view onto the grounds- through old, wavy glass.



A world away from bustle, bars and cowboy music.   But both give me something to think and write about. Life- it's gotta have both quiet and loud, the contemplatives and the party animals.  I'm just glad I'm at the contemplative season.

Off to dinner- even a contemplative/photographer/writer person needs to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.