Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Good Stuff

I'm with my friend, Leslie. She's in the National Institute of Health in a clinic trial for a stem cell transplant.  Leslie is a courageous, amazing woman.  We've emailed off and on for years and I'm blessed to be on her prayer list. 
This week, I'm staying her temporary apartment in Bethesda while she's in the hospital. 
 And she doesn't have any of her stuff with her. 

I know I've been railing against stuff. But not all stuff is bad- the bits and pieces of our lives that create comfort and bring life are important. Beauty brings life.  I've never visited Leslie's Maine home but I've been to Maine and she lives surrounded by beauty. So here's the beauty she brought with her. 


Fresh flowers and an Edgecomb whale tail mug.

http://edgecombpotters.com/store/pottery/mugs




Leslie has loose tea and do it yourself tea bags. Lovely cuppa tea this morning. 

Leslie teaches people about tea at the Cumberland, Maine farmer's market. 


Cottage Berry Farm LLC
Leslie Fitzgerald
market.galme@gmail.com
Cumberland, ME Berries in Season, one of a kind felted hats and dolls.


Even in a temp cupboard, there is lovely loose teas.

The famous whale tail mug. 

A gift of beauty for her temporary world.

Leslie is gifted knitter. Even here, she has her beautiful wool. 

Beauty in bags, wool, mugs; beauty in Leslie. 



Tea and flowers.... even borrowed art is a blessing.



more tea potential

I absolutely love these mugs. Can you tell?

And I love Leslie.  I love her sense of beauty- mugs, art,  hand died fine wools. I love that her stuff reflects who she is.  As it should be.

Image magazine's motto is "Beauty will save the world."  Amen.


http://imagejournal.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.