Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Back in Baby Land

Amazing coordination at seven weeks!

An amazing baby....  with his hand firmly stuck in the toy.....

Who sometimes looks like a dork.....


But who smiles at Bebe!



Yep, back in the land of Josiah Robert.  I flew to North Carolina last week and so far, we've taken a few walks, cooked a few steaks (and salmon), watched a movie.... and watched a baby!  I don't remember my kids being this entertaining and Abby seems to appreciate that I laugh when he is frustrating.  

 I do remember the frustrating parts with my own kids- what a different perspective a few years- well, decades, makes.  I hope I can give her a taste of relaxation, a glimpse of the difference humor makes, and at least, memories of enjoying this precious baby time with her mother.   I do love to be with her and watch her become a mother. 

We assume motherhood is conferred at conception or birth.  I love the saying -"Anyone can become a father, it takes a man to become a dad." It must be a knife to those many men who can't just become a father but once a child is in your life, there is a process to becoming a dad, a daddy, Abba.  

So how does that work for mothers? We are instantly mothers but there is also a process where we grow into motherhood, become the nurturer,  embrace the sacrifice.   Jesus' mother, Mary, said in her response to an angel from God, "I am the Lord's servant,". I give up my plans, my concept of what motherhood would be, my timing.  

I found another blog- Jesus Walk, and this is their summation of Mary's response.

Sometimes it takes great turmoil in our souls to come to the place of submission, but come to it we must. Even before Jesus was conceived, Mary was faced with the decision: Will I obey and make way for this King? or Will I take the easy way that avoids difficulty and pain? To her everlasting credit, Mary's response of faith is what our response must be: "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said." http://www.jesuswalk.com/lessons/1_26-38.htm


So we play, we laugh, we enjoy. And another man and woman become a father, become a mother.  The sacrifices will be made, the frustrations will come but the joy.... Oh, the joy will last forever. 




A steamy bathroom, getting ready for a bath.

"Will this be fun, Dad?"



"Hmm.... do I like this?"
"I guess it's ok.
Thanks for the modesty drape. I'll appreciate that in ten years."

"OK- I'm bushed. Are we done yet?"


"I mean it, I am so finished with the whole scrub the head stuff."

"NO ONE LISTENS TO ME!
PUT ME DOWN!!

I look like a lobster!"






" I'm rescued! My daddy is awesome."




So we take the clean little man to church and he actually sleeps through the whole service. Ahh.... 


The Protestant Chapel, Camp Lejuene NC.

Weird face, little man. Why didn't the photographer see that?



Ah, that's better. Safe in the arms of Daddy....




Happy Father's Day! 


 A new baby is like the beginning of all things


-wonder, 


               hope, 


                          a dream of possibilities.



2 comments:

  1. All smiles as I read this. Captured beautifully--words as well as pictures.

    "Bless Josiah, Lord, lead him in paths of righteousness and let him not veer far from "other" choices. Mark him now for kingdom work; may he know what that means in Your time and in Your way. Help his mother, father nurture, nudge, and negotiate Josiah toward his righteous path; helping them to fully embrace "being" the examples as "followers of Christ". I pray this blessing in Jesus's name. Amen"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I just sat here and rocked him to sleep and prayed over him. What a precious gift to speak blessings over these tender babes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I am always encouraged to know this blog is a blessing.